Saturday, August 11, 2007

Round Two

sleeping beauty

Well, here we go again. Nora got another stomach virus on Monday night. She stayed home on Tues and Wed. She was fine Wed, but had to stay home 24 hrs after her fever went away. Kris was already planning on staying home Wed because I had a momentary lapse of good judgement when I made Charlotte's checkup appt for 9am. I realized a few days later that it wasn't particularly nice of me to take her to get shots in the morning and then dump her off at daycare. So K volunteered to stay home that day. Then Charlotte got a fever that evening (most likely from the shots) and couldn't go to school all the rest of that week. So from now on, checkups will take place as late as possible on Thursdays (our doctor isn't in the office on Fridays.)

So Kris and Nora went to Oceans of Fun by themselves on Friday. I was REALLY disappointed, not only for having so much money go to waste (I bought the tickets in advance to get a good deal), but because Nora was SOOO excited about going and I really wanted to experience her happiness first-hand. This was her "prize" for doing a good job of going to bed 10 days in a row. So that is why I have no pictures of this event-- Mom, the picture taker, stayed home with a fussy baby. Kris said Nora had an absolute ball and went on tons of water slides, even going under water a few times. Of course, the ones that she went under water on, she never went down again. Anyway, the important thing is that she had a great time. I'm sure we'll go again next year.

1 comment:

the Voelker's said...

hope everyone is back to feeling better! Oceans of Fun sounds fun, we haven't been there since high school! Love the new windows! Maybe we can get our your way this fall.