Monday, June 18, 2007

Visit

DSCF0234

My best friend and her hubby came to visit, I mean wear us out, I mean visit, this weekend. Nora and I went with them to the Cardinals/Royals game on Thursday night (they're from St. Louis). Unfortunately for them, Royals performed a small miracle and beat the Cardinals 17 to 8. Fortunately for Nora and me, all we cared about were the sweets. Nora's first cotton candy:
DSCF0225
She also had about 3 bites of a $4 snow-cone.

Here's how they wore us out (did I mention it was 90+ degrees all weekend?):
Thurs night baseball game (thanks to Kris's employer, we sat in the friends & family section one tier back behind home plate. We had fun picking out the players' wives sitting around us.-- dressed too nicely for a ball game, nice jewelry & purses, toting kids & parents but no husband)

Friday out to lunch and in the evening walked downtown (Lee's Summit) to the carnival & Zydeco music festival

Saturday walked to Farmer's market and to lunch (again downtown LS) We had BBQ from the new Beauchamp's restaurant-- we ALL agreed it was the BEST bbq we'd EVER had. We'll definitely be back.

Now we have 2 and a half more days to recoup and prepare for my cousin's visit. She'll be here Thurs afternoon through Tuesday and I can't wait to see her. Kris pointed out that the girls will both be in daycare/preschool on Monday, so I'm seeing a shopping trip in my future. I haven't been shopping in ages!

No comments: